Re: Menu categories

On 2007-10-21, Ben Goodger <goodgerster@gmail.com> wrote:
> ------=_Part_8909_32361462.1192962485303
> On 21/10/2007, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
>> I have tried to make a script that converts desktop files into reasonable
>> menu files.
> I have trouble understanding the difference. Please elaborate.

I thought it was basic knowledge what menu files are and what desktop
files are.

For menu files, read /usr/share/doc/menu/ for details
For desktop files, read

Menu files is a debian internal format for menu entries. desktop files
is a fdo specification that does more or less the same, but in a
different way.