Re: use of "Uploaders:" field for team maintained packages

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007, Bart Martens wrote:
> I'm surprised that /usr/share/doc/gnome-pkg-tools/README.Debian.gz
> contradicts with the good practices described in developers reference.
[...]
>                                        It feels better to me to only
> include names of maintainers really contributing to the packages, so
> that implies a different set of "Uploaders:" per package maintained by
> the team.

 This is how the current gnome-pkg-tools rules behave; the Uploaders
 field will list the intersection of the team and recent uploaders
 (looking at the changelog) of the package.  Other features are that the
 team's ML is also always added to Uploaders: and the Maintainer: is
 always filtered out of Uploaders.

 This was done in March, so only packages built against gnome-pkg-tools
 0.11 or later will get such uploaders.

--
Loïc Minier