Re: Packaging a library that requires cross-compiled code

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 30 September 2007 00:25, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> What about the following plan:
>
> It's not only pointless, but will also result in FTBFS errors once the old
> package is not available anymore.

not if you build-depend on oldpackge | gcc-source and just build the
firmware again if the old package is not available. Building the
firmware is pretty easy and takes 5 minutes on my machine.
But you're right, thre's no need to rebuild Davids provided firmware
blob, especially since it will not run on a user's computer.
debian/rules will allow to rebuild it for the paranoids, though.

--
Bernd Zeimetz
<bernd@bzed.de>                         <http://bzed.de/>