Re: [RFC] Promoting the use of "Homepage:" field in debian/control

Luca Capello wrote:
> This is strange: the Homepage field is shown for some packages [1] and
> not for others [2], e.g. reported below:
> =====
> luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache show ikiwiki | grep "^Homepage"
> Homepage: http://ikiwiki.info/
>
> luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache show deb-gview | grep "^Homepage"
> Homepage: http://dpkg-view.alioth.debian.org/

IIRC this is because the alpha buildd didn't have a new version of dpkg
on it, so didn't generate debs with the Homepage field, and packages.d.o
looks at alpha packages first when generating pages for binaries. (So
the source pages should be ok.) There was a thread about this recently.
I don't know if the alpha buildd has been updated yet.

--
see shy jo