Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2007-09-12, Faidon Liambotis <paravoid@debian.org> wrote:
>> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>>
>> You're not checking for copyright violations or for non-free stuff in
>> all other packages.
I obviously meant all other *existing* source packages, i.e. all the
uploads that don't pass through NEW.

>> The only reason that things like linux-2.6.XX pass through NEW is, from
>> my POV, because noone stepped up to fix it so that old source packages
>> don't have to pass through.
>
> I don't consider it something needing fixing.
> It is a good way to have the copyright files occasionally reviewed.
I don't think that old source packages are re-reviewed for copyright
violations/non-freeness. But I could easily be wrong.

Even if that is not the case, I don't think that Joerg's time should be
spent that way, TBH -- but that not up to me :)

Regards,
Faidon