Re: Package lists for (stable) distribution CDs/DVDs (integrating to package.d.o)

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 03:47:22PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

>> Sounds like a cool idea, with a minor issue. The contents of the CDs
>> and DVDs can (and do) vary a little from arch to arch. But we could
>> easily do
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/stable/cd1-i386/
>>
>> etc. If anybody's interested, I can easily generate package lists from
>> the CD contents and put them somewhere accessible; just let me know
>> when/where/what format is best.
>
>I think that woul dbe indeed useful as there're people asking on irc
>where to find the lists every other day, and the usual answer for them
>is to read through the jidgo files, which is not a very easy way.

OK, I've generated a first set to match the etch r1 release. See:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r1/i386/list-cd/

for example. There's now a list file to correspond with each of the
ISO images, showing all .deb, .udeb, .dsc, .diff.gz and .tar.gz
files. I hope that's useful as a base for people to work with. Let me
know and I can add creation of the list files to the regular CD/DVD
creation scripts.

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.