Re: Package lists for (stable) distribution CDs/DVDs (integrating to package.d.o)

Am Freitag, den 07.09.2007, 15:06 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> Am Freitag, den 07.09.2007, 15:00 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In a local group a user complained, and IMHO he is right, that there are
> > no package lists for the Debian CDs/DVDs.
> > http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/index.en.html#which-cd says, the packages
> > are sorted via popularity (and IIRC there is also some separation for
> > GNOME, KDE etc.). But there is no package list. Say a user want to
> > check, where or if an installation medium contains a list of packages he
> > wants to install. There is AFAIK no way to to this. So is i possible to
> > create package lists, like e.g.
> > http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/knoppix/packages.txt for every CD
> > and DVD image? Or is here already something, I simply did not find?
>
> Ok. A few seconds later I found the
> http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/#search. However, the list at
> http://atterer.net/jigdo/jigdo-search.php?list is very large and maybe
> that's not very comfortable. So opinions about plain lists (just for the
> current stable and oldstable release cd/dvd images)? Or should it be
> implemented in the packages.debian.org site, so the site tells, which
> CD/DVD contains the package?

And what about e.g. showing an overview like
http://packages.debian.org/stable/oldlibs/ but as
http://packages.debian.org/stable/cd1/ or
http://packages.debian.org/stable/dvd1/?

CCing debian-devel instead of debian-cd for this question

Regards, Daniel