Re: Fwd: Re: Why no Opera?

Ben Finney wrote:
> It would behoove you to at least put significant effort into
> what everyone here agrees would be the best way to get Opera working
> well with Debian and other free software operating systems.

I'd take issue with that statement. Opera don't owe Debian anything; they're
packaging their software as Debian packages for their users, not for us. If
anything, they're doing us a favour by using our package format. That's their
right. It's their software, they own it, they can do whatever they like with
it. *We* get no say in that matter.

So they're not behoven to do *anything* other than what they want to do. We
can offer suggestions, but that's all they are.

I'd suggest that because it strongly benefits us if Opera continues to listen
to our suggestions, it would not be a good idea not to attempt to throw our
weight around --- we don't have any...

- --
┌── dg@cowlark.com ─── http://www.cowlark.com ───────────────────
│ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language in
│ which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs." --- Flon's Axiom
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)