Re: Fwd: Re: Why no Opera?

Edward Welbourne <eddy@opera.com> writes:

> Bernd:
> > if opera would be come open-source, I'd be willing to co-maintain
> > and check packages - it would be worth the work. But I'm not
> > willing to spend my free time on closed source if there's no
> > really good reason to do so.
>
> I'm afraid this humble coder isn't about to sway that argument; for
> the present, Opera remains closed, all I can do is make life easier
> for users.

You are much closer to being able to sway that argument than we: you,
after all, are directly associated with the people who can make that
decision. It would behoove you to at least put significant effort into
what everyone here agrees would be the best way to get Opera working
well with Debian and other free software operating systems.

It would also be very helpful if you could keep us appraised of any
response that you have in this area; otherwise a negative result looks
to us exactly the same as no attempt at all.

--
 \      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too |
  `\     much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."  |