Re: what happened to social contract?

Quoting Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au>:

I also think many of those here are sabotaging Debian and the entire free software community with the manner in which they respond to newcomers. The amount of time required to "spoonfeed" as one person put it, a person who wants to help but does not really understsnd how to get started or what to do is little compared to the hours of work they will contribute in the future. I have no doubt that we all were in a diaper drooling all over ourselves at some point.

Albert Einstein