Re: Thoughts about including scsiaddgui

"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Has there ever been a case where an RFP bug has actually stimulated
> anyone into packaging a given piece of software?

The pattern I usually see is that the RFP is a signal that somebody
wants it to be done, and when someone steps up with an ITP, someone
slaps them with a trout for not retitling the existing RFP instead :-)

As a result, the continued existence of an RFP entry is a
demonstration of the lack of interest in actually packaging and
maintaining the software.

I think it's more for the sake of helping provide an answer to those
who ask "why isn't it in?" (answer: "because in the time since this
RFP was filed, nobody has done the work to get it in"), more than
stimulus to actually do the packaging work.

--
 \    "Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions."  -- Henry N. Camp |
Ben Finney