Re: many packages FTBFS, if $TAPE is set

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:43:00 +0200, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> said:

> Or we get source-only uploads rolling and always build in a controlled
> environment.

        That only helps the binary packages we distribute -- leaving our
 source packages full of holes masked by our sterile build
 environment. Since we lay claims to being the universal OS, with full
 support for people who derive from us, and we support people taking our
 source code and building upon it, should we also not be trying not to
 mask these flaws?

        manoj

--
When the fog came in on little cat feet last night, it left these little
muddy paw prints on the hood of my car.