Re: Why no Opera?

Quoting Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>:

 I would like and need to learn packaging some software for Debian, and
something already packaged does seem like a good place to start. The
question there is, can it go into Debian?

you think about creating your own Debian derivative and don't know how
to package software for it? That won't work.

I am trying to make it a flavor and not a derivative. Most of what I need is already in Debian, and I could of course just use a shell script and wget to install the rest. I think it would be better all around to get it into Debian whenever possible. I have time to learn, the world was not built in a day.

Albert Einstein