Re: proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages

Hello Javier,

Am 2007-08-20 23:30:26, schrieb Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña:
> BTW, NIST provides a very handy information called the National Software
> Reference Library (NSRL, http://www.nsrl.nist.gov/) which comes also very
> handy for either forensic analysis or setting up a baseline of known files
> (when using an integrity checking tool such as tripwire or samhain) for a
> large number of servers. If we provided such information they could possibly
> easily include it there too which would be an improvement, since they
> currently only carry information on ancient versions of Linux distributions
> (and Debian is not one of them)
------------------------- END OF REPLIED MESSAGE -------------------------

I use Debian since 1999/04 and have a local ARCHIVE mirror of several
TByte of binaries and sources and I have tried to get the md5sum for
all files but unfortunatly, for more then 30% of the files (deb, dsc,
diff.gz and tar.gz) there are no md5sum.

I use my PostgreSQL where I have stored all md5sum/sha1 + package names
I ever downloaded from Debian server.  I can easyly access it using a
PHP webinterface or wget.

Is there a source, where I can get ALL md5sums from Packages?
(maybe since Bo?)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)