Re: conflicting gssapi libraries

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 07:13:01PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>Why?  Could you explain what the UMich indirection library practically
>adds for our users?  Why would we want to continue using it rather than
>linking directly against an appropriate GSSAPI implementation?

I agree with all that. However, nfs-utils has been developed with
the UMich gssapi iplementation. I don't know why they decided no to
use the MIT library.

Is it worth it to try to get both upstream authors to unify the
libraries? Maybe Brian and me could try that.

>Also, since it was the UMich library that took over a library name that
>was already in use by Heimdal, if we're going to be renaming upstream
>libraries (which I think is a little dubious), which library to rename is
>pretty obvious to me, and it's not the Heimdal one.

Why the MIT folks renamed their library? I doubt it was because the UMich
folks used the same library name.

Best Regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--