Re: conflicting gssapi libraries

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 10:40:40AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>> Wouldn't this be a better solution then getting rid of the UMich
>> library?

> Yes.

Why?  Could you explain what the UMich indirection library practically
adds for our users?  Why would we want to continue using it rather than
linking directly against an appropriate GSSAPI implementation?

Also, since it was the UMich library that took over a library name that
was already in use by Heimdal, if we're going to be renaming upstream
libraries (which I think is a little dubious), which library to rename is
pretty obvious to me, and it's not the Heimdal one.