Re: conflicting gssapi libraries

"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 09:53:09AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> My preference would be to dump the UMich GSSAPI library and link
>> nfs-common directly against MIT Kerberos, which doesn't conflict with
>> Heimdal.

> If you file a bug against nfs-common with what Build-Depends or other
> changes you need to make this work, I'd be happy to make the change.

Yeah, but figuring out what changes we need is part of the problem -- I'm
guessing there's some reason why we didn't go that route in the first
place and that it won't just work without some changes, and I have no
NFSv4 environment in which to test.

I'd be happy to help as much as I can from the Kerberos side, but
unfortunately I can't do much beyond expressing a hopeful opinion.  :/

BTW, I'm guessing that you actually want libgssapi2 to depend on some
GSSAPI implementation; right now, it's possible to install it with no
underlying implementation, which generally isn't what you want.
nfs-common happens to depend on MIT Kerberos as well so I'm guessing
that's pulling in the GSSAPI implementation in the common case.