Re: Debian on the Desktop - plans for Lenny?

On 8/9/07, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 11:20 -0400, Tim Hull wrote:
> >
> >                 We already have this on the desktop, from what I can
> >                 see (there is evidence of a
> >                 scaling-module-loading-thingummy running on boot)
> >
> > Yes, it loads, but the default scaling governor is set to "userspace".
> > As powernowd isn't included in the desktop task, this effectly means
> > no CPU scaling by default.
> <snip>
>
> laptop-mode sets the CPU frequency, but it only switches based on
> whether you have AC power, not based on how busy the CPU is.  "ondemand"
> would be more useful.  I don't know whether the correct scaling driver
> is loaded automatically; I fear not.  This might be a job for discover.

Hi Ben,

laptop-mode-tools conf uses 'ondemand' (1.34-1, but I think it was
already in etch), and my ibook g4 using the default desktop
environment task and laptop task scales well. What's missing for yours
or we've different default configuration for some strange reason?

regards,

-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com
get debian @ http://get.debian.net/