Re: making debian/copyright machine-interpretable

Hello,

On 8/8/07, David Claughton <eclecticdave@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't want to be a nuisance, but this has been puzzling me for
> a few days now - I can't figure out how the license of a binary package
> compiled from a source package could not be derived by combining the
> licenses of the relevant source files?

I'm not an expert at all, so I might be wrong. I guess this would be
the case if your source package compiled a statically linked binary
against a library belonging to another source package. The licence of
the binary package would then be a combination of the licences of
boths the source files and the library.

Again, this is a wild guess, so can anyone confirm?

Cheers,
   François