Re: making debian/copyright machine-interpretable

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 19:17 +0200, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    I therefore would like your opinions about this proposal, its
> shortcomings, and a strategy to implement it quickly and as widely as
> possible.

I strongly support this initiative.

This would also allow package checkers to efficiently verify copyright
information by policy and syntax and not only by scrapping text and
guessing what's missing and what everybody "should" stick to.

This may be a great release goal for lenny+1, perhaps.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@espiral.org.mx> | http://www.damog.net/
 Saca tus alas y empieza a volar.