Re: /bin/sh diversions

Thanks for keeping me in the Cc ☺ (but I guess I earned that from a PR)

Marco d'Itri dixit:

>Bad idea

Give the user the tools to shoot himself into the foot. Besides, dash
is already using the debconf dance, so why discriminate other shells
that are fine to do it according to policy?

>bash (the standard

Which standard? It's not even POSIX conformant because of its extensions.
Most operating systems don't come with GNU bash either.

>which works with everything

set -A foo
find . -name \*mp3 |&
while read name; do foo[${#foo[*]}]=$name; done
mpg123 -z "${foo[@]}"

I see two things in this (here splitted) one-liner I use often that don't
work with bash, which is expected, as they are features of the Korn shell.

Please don't just say GNU/Linux/ELF/ILP32/i386 is everything; open minds.

//mirabile
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt