Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On 8/2/07, Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >> Most (if not all) of the recent docs I've come to read mentionned
> >> aptitude rather than apt-get.
> >
> > I'm sorry but that's hardly the case. Google finds about 2 or 3 times more
> > reference to "Debian apt-get" than to "Debian aptitude".
>
> Way to not read (or is that not understand ?) what I wrote :)
>
> Hint: "recent".

I just searched on the Ubuntu forums (a place full of "regular", i.e.
not advanced, users) and found these results for Yesterday, which I
hope is recent enough. :)

threads mentioning apt-get: 146
threads mentioning aptitude: 27

posts mentioning apt-get: 214
posts mentioning aptitude: 34

I don't think there's any doubt from this that most people
use/recommend apt-get, even among the "regular" users.

Cameron