another "just deinstall" crap: x-session-manager

#include <hallo.h>
* Ross Burton [Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:49:34PM]:

> > I was even not
> > able to get rid of this nautilus thingy at all because killing it opens
> > a new one.  I just renamed it and killed it to get rid of.
>
> If you don't use nautilus, why not remove the package?  If you want to
> keep the package installed but never use it, why not remove it from the
> session?

Ha Ha Ha. This is the same stupid fallacy which exists with our
x-session-manager management in Xsession. Why is _always_ some
x-session-manager provider started (and not x-window-manager) after you
have ONLY installed installed a such monster? This situation happens
very easy, one user of many asks you to install KDE and *boom* the login
behaviour has changed for everybody.

And there is no way to get rid of it without editing stuff. When I asked
why the easy configurable option of usin a WM has to be disabled in this
situation, I got an answer like: "because if something else handles
startup it has to comply with X Session standard". No explanation of
apples-oranges situation helped the maintainer to understand.

Eduard.

--
<frobnic> diese netzverbindung ist aber schon ne maechtig kewle sache:
	frueher haben wir ueber ne schnur zwischen denk balkonen kommuniziert,