Re: Installing Recommends by default

>> > I see.  I had the impression that there is a consensus that our tools
>> > should install Recommends by default in lenny.  If that is the only bug
>> > that really causes a problem in this respect, why not increase it's
>> > severity?  Chris, what do you think about it?
>
>> I think this example shows that installing Recommends by default alone
>> is hardly a solution which serves the majority of users.
>
> I disagree.  I think what it shows is that currently, Debian policy's
> description of the 'Recommends' field is not very well adhered to by
> existing packages.

Well, okay, then let's start filing bugs about these, shall we?

FYI: This one (lsb-release recommending lsb) is filed as #426807, and
already fixed.

Still, I think local admins should have the possibility to set a local
policy on a package basis for blacklisting packages to bridge until the
package gets fixed.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4