Re: Mass bug filing: Dependency/file list predictability

Am Freitag 20 Juli 2007 17:47 schrieb Russ Allbery:
> So in addition to having a --with-krb5 flag specifying the paths to the
> libraries, I also need to add a --without-* flag for every Kerberos
> implementation that I support which disables probing for that
> implementation?  That's kind of lame, and it also means that one would
> prevent compilation against the generic mechglue layer by using
> --without-heimdal, which is just weird.

Can't you assign values to the --with- options? I imagine something like
  --with-krb5=heimdal

Since you can only give one value there, it doesn't need any extra option and
is mutually exclusive. Some configure should should detect the different
possibilites though and fail if the chosen one is not detected.

HS