Re: Mass bug filing: Dependency/file list predictability

Gabor Gombas <gombasg@sztaki.hu> writes:

> Ideally everything should use libgssapi2 (or some other mechglue
> implementation) and nothing should build directly aginst the
> Kerberos-specific GSSAPI implementations.

Your statement is true for software that really doesn't care what GSS-API
mechanism it uses, which is true of only a tiny minority of GSS-API
software out there right now.  For the most part, GSS-API is being used to
negotiate Kerberos authentication.

> The only question is how hard it would be to make Heimdal work with
> libgssapi2. I know there was some mechglue-related work in Heimdal but I
> did not follow that.

Getting it to work with Heimdal does nothing for me.  The default Kerberos
implementation in Debian is MIT, which already provides its own generic
mechglue implementation.