Re: Mass bug filing: Dependency/file list predictability

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
>> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
>>    sident
>
> Hm.  I don't know best to fix this.  The problem is that there's now a
> libgssapi2 package which provides a generic GSSAPI layer but no actual
> implementation.  S/Ident supports building against any GSSAPI library.  So
> if you install other weird GSSAPI libraries that aren't the one installed
> with Build-Depends, it can end up linked with a different GSSAPI library.
>
> I suppose I can Build-Conflict with the wrong GSSAPI library.  Supporting
> multiple GSSAPI libraries is actually an upstream feature, not an upstream
> bug, and it's not the sort of thing that one can control with --with
> options when they're all installed with the same prefix.
>
> I'm surprised that remctl didn't have the same problem.  It uses exactly
> the same configure logic.

If the libraries have different names then there should be
--with/--without switches possible for configure. There should already
be test cases finding those libraries and adding the -lXXXX switches.

Otherwise shouldn't the -dev packages conflict?

MfG
        Goswin