Re: RFH: Removals - outstanding bugs need to be analysed

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> I find that "From other Branch bugs" label confusing, not to mention
> what an ordinary user would make of it. When, exactly, is a bug
> categorised as "From other Branch"? It's not just when the package
> has been removed, from what I've seen, I think.

From other branch means that the bug does not apply to the
distribution of debian which you have indicated, either because the
bug is neither found nor fixed in the version in that distribution, or
because that distribution does not distribute that package.

The latter case is when the package has been removed.

In the bug status parlance, such bugs are called 'absent'.

Don Armstrong

--
This message brought to you by weapons of mass destruction related
program activities, and the letter G.