Re: RFH: Removals - outstanding bugs need to be analysed

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 21:47, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Stefan Fritsch <sf@debian.org> [2007-07-18 18:31]:
> > is it really a good idea to close the bug reports while the packages
> > are still in stable? Shouldn't they be left open for reference until
> > etch is at least oldstable?
>
> I don't believe leaving them open is a great idea because bug
> submitters should be informed that these packages are no longer
> supported.  However, it would be nice if BTS's version tracking would
> show the status of these bugs properly.  I'm not sure it'll handle the
> situation correctly though. (CCing Don.  The question is what happens
> to the status of a bug belonging to a package that was removed from
> the archive and where the bug was closed by mail to -done w/o Version
> info)

It would be nice, I think, if the BTS would automatically notice when a
package has been removed from unstable and annotate the bugs appropriately.
It can happen that a dead package chooses to walk the earth again, can't it
(not in these cases, but in some)?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)