Re: RFH: Removals - outstanding bugs need to be analysed

[this seemed to have been eaten; resending]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Stefan Fritsch <sf@debian.org> [2007-07-18 18:31]:
> > is it really a good idea to close the bug reports while the packages
> > are still in stable? Shouldn't they be left open for reference until
> > etch is at least oldstable?
>
> I don't believe leaving them open is a great idea because bug
> submitters should be informed that these packages are no longer
> supported.  However, it would be nice if BTS's version tracking would
> show the status of these bugs properly.

The bugs should be closed in the last version which was present in
unstable if they no longer exist. That way they'll be shown as present
in stable.

If they're closed without a Version: pseudoheader, the BTS will assume
that the bug was closed for all versions.

Don Armstrong

--

The signature formerly in this location has been deemed to offensive
for audiences under the age of 18. In it's place, we offer the