Re: Mass bug filing: Dependency/file list predictability

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:53:50 +0200
"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 08:09:49AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > As other have noted, the logs are in error. I've checked the log for
> > deb-gview in meld and the only difference in the two Depends line
> > is: zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-1)
> > zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)
> >
> > That is NOT a bug!!!
>
> Ouch. It seems at some point the pbuilder got out of sync with the
> "dirty" chroot. I'll rebuild all the supposedly affected packages and
> return with a new list; thanks for spotting it.

Didn't mean to sound accusatory - more surprised. It was strange that
one package is commonly affected and others that also changed versions
were not. Maybe something to do with pattern matching failing when a
version includes dfsg or similar alpha characters.

--

Neil Williams