Re: Mass bug filing: Dependency/file list predictability

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 02:13:26 +0200
"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> In a few days, I'll start filing bugs against packages that build
> unpredictably when extra build-dependencies are present. (More
> precisely, packages where the dependency or file list differ between
> a clean sid amd64 pbuilt packages and a chroot with almost all of
> devel and libdevel.)

As other have noted, the logs are in error. I've checked the log for
deb-gview in meld and the only difference in the two Depends line is:
zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-1)
zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)

That is NOT a bug!!!

Whenever you build deb-gview, the version of the dependency will be the
version of zlib1g (and other libraries) currently in unstable. There is
nothing I can do about that, nor would I want to change that.

> Full build logs are available at
> http://people.debian.org/~sesse/enriched-chroot/ -- look at the
> bottom to find the differences. Note that these builds were made some
> time ago, so they might not be 100% up-to-date -- I will rebuild all
> affected packages in latest sid versions before actually filing the
> bugs.

Please improve the detection of extra dependencies to cope with the
same dependency at a later version.

--

Neil Williams