Re: Source package containing HTML-only form of texinfo doc

  Hello,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 07:50:30PM +0200, Thomas Weber wrote
> I'm one of Octave's Debian maintainers.
>
> The problematic part is that qtoctave is primarly a Windows application. I
> don't think they even have any sort of code for generating the HTML files
> from the Texinfo sources, so even including the texinfo files would still be
> a violation.
>
> Maybe they should just update the documentation and use the HTML files from
> [1]. I think the files there have a more liberal license.
>
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

  As for a debian package of qtoctave, the solution we think is the best for now is to repackage the
original tarball to remove the texinfo-generated stuff and Recommend octave2.9-htmldoc with
appropriate paths rewrites.

  Regards,

	Vincent