Re: Source package containing HTML-only form of texinfo doc

  Hello,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 01:49:24PM -0400, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 01/07/07, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> wrote:
> >upstream source ships with HTML-only form of the octave's texinfo
> >documentation, which is licensed under GPL. This documentation is
> >actually not installed in any binary package (for many reasons).
>
> Am I misunderstanding what you're saying? octave2.9-htmldoc contains
> this exact documentation that upstream is distributing.

  Yes, but built from source, and the source of octave2.9-htmldoc contains the texinfo source.
qtoctave doesn't, which is a breach of the GPL: you must be able to distribute the preferred form of
modification, and not having it in the upstream sources - even when we know where they come from -
makes it delicate for us to distribute it.

  In other words, any users should be able to do

apt-get source qtoctave

and modify the documentation, which is not possible as the texinfo source is missing.

  Regards,

	Vincent Fourmond