Re: Any problems with mips/mipsel?

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 11:16:38AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> the latest package of tipptrainer was not builded on mips(el) since
> 55 days according to
>
>     http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=tipptrainer
>
> Did I missed anything?  How can I trigger the building on this
> architecture?

You should check http://buildd.debian.org/<pkg> which will tell you that
both attempted to build your package but failed. Looks like a toolchain
issue to me. You could ask on <arch>@buildd.debian.org to retry the
package. Or you could try to find out first if the issue is fixed,
that might be easily possible or not.

> A similar situation is there for phylip
>
>     http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=phylip
>
> Here only mipsel is not builded, but this is a non-free package and
> as far as I know this is not catched by the autobuilders and I have
> to ask for manual compilation (if my knowledge is up to date).

Yeah, the experimental/non-free/backports daemons are something else
entirely. Don't know the status of the mipsel build daemon, but the
generic contact address according to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/11/msg00012.html
is nonfree@release.debian.net

Gruesse,