Re: 'Uploaded' buildd status

"Sergei Golovan" <sgolovan@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Could someone explain me (or point to a manual) what 'Uploaded' means
> in http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?packages=erlang ?
>
> The package was initially uploaded for amd64 architecture. It was
> built for i386 and stays in 'uploaded' state for several days. I
> wonder why it can't become 'installed' as for the rest of
> architectures.
>
> Best wishes!

Uploaded means the buildd has recieved a signed changes file and has
dput/duploaded the package into the incoming queue.

Every 15 minutes incoming is processed and packages are added to the
secret incoming Packages.gz files and synced with wanna-build. At that
point packages become installed.

So if you see something being "uploaded" for a while then something
went wrong. e.g. an upload error. The buildd admin has to upload the
package again or return it for a rebuild.

MfG
        Goswin