Re: Porting from OpenSSL to GnuTLS

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 21:45:50 Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Bruno Costacurta:
> > I might start thinking about porting an x509 application from OpenSSL to
> > GnuTLS (Gnu Transport Layer Security) and so looking about feedbacks,
> > experiences ..etc.. about such porting, libraries ..etc..
>
> What kind of level of X.509 support do you need?  Is chasing
> certificate chains a must?  Then it can be kind of hard.
>
> If you just look up the certificate in some kind of database, it's not
> that difficult.  In fact, I think the GNUTLS API is easier to work
> with.

Hello,
indeed some functionalities might be hard to port.

This porting OpenSSL --> GnuTLS might be requested by license /
copyright policies from Debian as we intend to package this application under
Debian.

This is linked to a thread on the Debian legal mailing list :

Regards,
Bruno Costacurta

--
PGP key ID: 0x2e604d51