Re: How to package software with binaries in tarball?

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 10:06:20PM +0400, Sergei Golovan wrote:
>> pristine source. It is rather nice to be able take debian's tar.gz and
>> verify with md5sum or a detached gpg sig that upstream's tarball is
> The original tarball contains non-free RFCs, so it is recreated anyway.

On a general note (I haven't checked if this applies to erlang or not):
Please, if you repack, include the exact instructions for repacking in
debian/copyright; ideally down to something you could cut-and-paste into a
shell. Even though the resulting tarball might not be identical, it makes for
much easier NMUing _and_ upstream intactness checking.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/