Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:40:29PM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:

> I disagree, that's what we've with experimental today mainly due to
> the fact that there's just a few packages there. Consider everybody
> uploading every package for unstable instead.

Experimental can and does contain packages that are _known_ to be broken
and unusable. Uploading these to unstable would mean that no one would
test unstable any more (right now you can _decide_ if you want to risk
installing known-broken packages from experimental; removing
experimental also removes that choice).

And if no one tests unstable because it's just too broken, then bugs
will not be found before packages migrate to testing (the method of
migration, being manual or automatic does not matter here at ALL),
meaning the quality of testing would drop significantly.

I don't see that as an improvement...

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences