Re: Dependencies on shared libs, take 2

[Russ Allbery]
> They *usually* do, but not all E tags are certain problems.  Of course,
> maintainers could use overrides.

I'm opposed to adding overrides to my packages for cases where, in my
view, lintian should somehow have enough information to see the case as
a false positive.  I use them only when a lintian check seems useful in
the general case but I cannot think of a reasonable way for the check
to be fixed to ignore my situation.

I suppose others feel that being lintian-clean is so important that
it's worth muddying the waters by overriding all false positives, not
only the exceptional situations but the lintian bugs.  If most people
feel that way, I guess it would be reasonable to add lintian to the set
of dak sanity checks.  But I don't believe I'm the only one who
disagrees.