Re: Dependencies on shared libs, take 2

Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com> writes:

> What you want may be achieved by enforcing the use of lintian, but I
> don't know how that can be done.

The primary barrier to enforcing the use of lintian is #243976.  lintian
needs to get much better about identifying the source of checks, the
certainty that something is wrong, and the severity level so that dak can
run lintian in a very specific way to only reject packages with fairly
certain errors according to sources with the strength of Policy.

I have some ideas on how to do this, but it's substantial work and I'm not
sure when I'll have the time to do it.