Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 01:13:44AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> It is a freedom that I have by default; if I accept the CDDL I no longer
> have that freedom[1].  [...]
> [1] Technically, not the right to "choose a venue", but the right to not be
> sued in a venue where I have no legal presence.

Err, that's not a violation of your rights, it's a waste of the court's
time... If the court doesn't see it as a waste of its time, and issues
you with a summons anyway, you're involved. Cf [0]. You might as
well say you've got the "right" not to be flamed on a list you're not
subscribed to.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1557842,00.html