Re: BoF: Supporting 15,000 packages - How much support do we mean?

On 30-May-07, 10:24 (CDT), Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
>   This is one of many indications. I could cite many others, good or not
> so good indicators:
>   * size of the changelogs ;

Older packages will skew this.

>   * number of revisions per upstream release ;

As you note, depends on upstream and overall stability of the package.
Consider, for example, nvi and cron.

>   * average age of bugs on the BTS ;

Older packages will skew this.

>   * average number of new bugs in the week following new uploads ;

Interesting, but really depends on expected stability of the package
and what the bugs are. I'm not sure the number, in and of itself, is

Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net