Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 07:54:34PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Why don't you join the team?
> >
> >   Now unlike Raphaël initiative, *this* is so typical from Debian. The:
> > ???You think that sucks, so why don't you step up ???? attitude. It is a
> > very convenient attitude that allows to makes the person making critics
> > miserable in front of everybody, hoping he (or she) will hide because of
> > the shame, and avoid dealing with the less convenient and less
> > auto-satisfactory fact that many aspects in Debian suck.
> >
> >   So well, sorry, but I don't see why I should be part of every
> > mis-functioning team in Debian to have the right to say they do a poor
> > job.
>
> Well, it would at least be fair from you to NOT include the web team
> in context of teams that are so incorrigible to be worthy of derision!
>
> The web team, to my knowledge, has very rarely rejected offers for help.
> Please don't assume that all teams are alike :(

  I never said the problems of all those teams were alike. But I don't
think the www team works properly either. I suspect the problem is more
that nobody want's to fight all the DD corpus about a design issue, and
then implement it, because some will find it's too this, others to that,
and the rest will just troll.

  What was unfair wasn't to say debian-www has issues, it was to put it
on the same level than DSA, and for that I appology to the member of the
www team (or group as as it was correctly pointed out, it's rather a
collection of people in the unix group rather than an organized team,
which is also IMHO an explanation of why it does not move a lot, as
there isn't anyone really in charge of the big whole beast).

> (This is the thanks I get for hooking you up at LinkedIn :P :)
  (heh :))

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit