Re: A sane guess at default Debian mirror for pbuilder

On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:42:41 +0300
Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:

> On su, 2007-05-27 at 20:06 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Unless your own mirror supports all Debian architectures, you will
> > still need a primary for emdebian-tools. Do you test build your own
> > Debian packages against your own mirror? Is that wise?
>
> I don't use emdebian in any way, so any requirements it has are
> irrelevant for which mirror piuparts and pbuilder should use when I
> use them.

True, but it wouldn't be good for the default to be unusable for
cross-building.

> However, if I did use emdebian, I would be mirroring
> anything I need, and would be rather upset if emdebian tools would
> insist on clogging my network connection (which I might not have
> while running the tools -- think Debcamp).

I understand the situation but most personal/portable mirrors only
mirror one or at most a few architectures which makes it unusable for
cross-building. You would presumably have to ask in advance which
architectures people will need to have available - that isn't
particularly useful as a default for all users.

--

Neil Williams