Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 02:13:47AM +0200, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Sunday 27 May 2007 01:53, David Nusinow wrote:
> > The only thing I've ever heard about helping out with the website is
> > that it's a herculean task that no mere mortal should attempt.
>
> Yes, a complete redesign of the website is a herculean task, but
> contributing to specific pages or parts is trivial. OTOH, I expect that
> for a webdesign professional even a redesign would be quite manageable as
> AFAICT the technical structure of the website is not all that
> complicated.

Actually, it would be, because all those people contributing to small
parts of the site and not taking care of the whole are responsible of
the bad shape of the HTML code that lies in their contributions.

The last great example I saw was the DPL platforms. None of them was
formatted the same way...

*This* makes it almost impossible to do a global redesign.

BTW, you said nobody took care of the whole, did Martin Quinson leave
the team ?

Mike