Re: update-initramfs -k all -u

On Sat, 19 May 2007 00:23:08 +0200
David Härdeman <david@hardeman.nu> wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:41:41PM +0200, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> >On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:12:15AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> >
> >> Good point. Thus it looks like there is no right way [...]
> >
> >How about making the use of "-k all" configurable?
>
> The point I was trying to make before is that the decision whether "-k
> all" is sane or not can only be decided per package (and perhaps even
> per revision).

That sounds reasonable, but unfortunately you can't. If I (as the
uswsusp maitainer) decide to use '-k all' your package gets installed
to the initramfs anyway. So this is really something we should agree on
for all packages at same time. As it seems we can't agree that's why I
think using the users preference is the best we can do.

BTW, I was reading about `triggers' on the dpkg-list a while back.
Update-initramfs seems like a perfect use case. Updating all
initramfses three times in one dpkg run, just because initrfamfs-tools,
uswsusp and cryptsetup get updated at the same time is not funny...

grts Tim