Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 01:39:27AM +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> Scribit Greg Folkert dies 18/05/2007 hora 18:42:
> > > It's so sad that these OT posters are driving away people like you.
> > > [...]
> > I guess you'd rather see the OT posters go away.
>
> I guess not. It was explicitly acknowledged that killfiling OT posters
> would prevent reading their useful posts, so the intent here seems
> clearly to keep everyone and just slow down the pace of OT postings.

You are right.  However, as was also pointed out previously, filtering
OT threads is relatively easy as many MUAs allow deleting an entire
subthread, and it is possible to filter based on the subject.

Joey did acknowledge the OT conversations were nearly always marked
accordingly, with only one appreciable thread of OT conversation which
was not properly marked.

In any case, it is becoming apparent that the continued OT discussions
are becoming increasingly unpopular.

Regards,

-Roberto

--