Re: how long is 'pending'

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Kevin Mark wrote:
> would it be useful for some process to periodically poll the bts for
> 'pending' tags that are unusually old [ say 1 or 2 months ] and ping
> the maintainer to remind them if they forget to 'release often'?

I can't imagine a maintainer not being aware of bugs which they have
fixed and have marked pending unless they had insane numbers of
packages. I know that I personally would discard such a set of
automated messages.

That said, if it was opt-in or some sort of utility that a developer
could run in a cronjob, someone may want it and it wouldn't be
offensive to those of us who do not. [I think it's also appropriate
for users who are affected by a bug to request that the developer
release a fixed package, but that's done manually, not in an automated
fashion.]

Don Armstrong

--
"The trouble with you, Ibid" he said, "is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything"