how long is 'pending'

How long should bugs be tagged pending in advance of an upload?

Is it acceptable to tag a bug pending when fixed upstream and the
maintainer is confident of an upstream release in under a week? (This
is easy for me, I'm also upstream in many cases. :-))

Does it depend on the severity of the bug?

Does it depend on the priority of the package? (or the popcon score?)

Does it depend on how many bugs are tagged pending for that package?

Should the bug be tagged pending as soon as it has been fixed with a
local test package, no matter what?

--

Neil Williams